The trend in bathroom design for the past few years has been towards creating a warm and inviting spa-like environment. While this may sound like it involves major renovations and a lot of expense, it can actually be done even on a modest budget and in a relatively short period of time.
Before you start your renovation or when preparing your home for sale, it’s important to have a clear idea of what needs to be done, and importantly what you can afford to do.
Bathroom Assessment Questions
This list of questions is designed to help you in establishing what you need to do to your bathroom to increase your property value:
• Does your bathroom feel cramped when you walk in?
• How is the lighting? Is it bright enough? Does your lighting cast shadows? Do you have to continually turn your head to see what you’re doing in the bathroom mirror?
• Do your existing bathroom fixtures still look good or are they old and tired looking?
• Do you like your existing colour scheme? How does it make you feel? Is there an accent colour in your bathroom?
• Do you enjoy spending time relaxing in your tub or shower or do you want to get out of the bathroom as soon as possible?
• Is there a feature point that people are drawn to when they come in? Or are people left looking at the toilet.
• What condition is the shower cubicle, glass, curtain, tiles, fixtures and accessories?
• Is your bathtub surface chipped, black with dirt or the early 90’s mustard yellow colour?
• Is your toilet looking like it has been better days, or is modern and elegant looking?
• Does your flooring give a clean and modern feel? Or does it look cheap, dated and worn?
These and other questions will help you hone in on what really needs to be done in your bathroom. Over the next little while I will posting articles for the bathroom that will help with renovating each area to get it ready for sale.
If you would like personalized advice for your bathroom please contact me to arrange for one of my free property presentation plans. This is personalized advice to show to you how to maximize the sale price of your home. You can call me on 021 85 84 83 or book here.