Did you know that your selection for your North Shore Real Estate Agent will have an effect of up to 10% of your homes value? Both positively AND negatively. That is a total 20%!
Often I see homes that have been poorly targeted and/or marketed, incorrectly managed and poorly presented. Sometimes I hear of people getting properties for ridiculously low prices, and when I look at them it is either because they are not presented correctly or they are not marketed correctly by the Agent.
Your North Shore Real Estate Agent needs to be a strong communicator and negotiator, as Agents are by a defination professional negotiators and marketers – In my opinion.
A well marketed property will achieve 5% above the market value. An Agent who is a strong negotiator (in the right way) can sometimes achieve another 5% on top of that.
Here are some top tips of what you should look for in an Agent:
• A proven sales record
• A proven negotiation skill-set
• They are active in your area and are familiar with the local area
• Someone who advises you as a consultant
• Someone who actually listens
• They understand marketing
• Someone who is prepared to do the work
• They respond positively to stress, not aggressively or like a deer in the headlights
When you are employing a North Shore Real Estate Agent there are some key questions that you should be asking, you can see these questions here
If you would like to speak to me about some of my recent sales or how I have successfully marketed properties for my clients please call me on 09 481 0648 or email me here.